Soul Shamans

Art Dolls & Process Paintings ~ Camilla La Mer

Sunday, October 19, 2008

My First Post!


With the help of one of my favorite artists, Robin Atkins of Beadlust, I have created my first Blog! I am an intuitive artist so mastering technology is one of my life-plane challenges. Robin has been very insightful and supportive of my process. Thank you, Robin!

Some of my interests include Art Dolls, Process Painting, Bones, Beads, Jungian Psychology, Shamanism, and Swimming! I am also a graduate student in Counseling Psychology. I combine my art process with my therapeutic process. I will be writing about my passion for creating art constantly in my life. My dolls seem to pour through my fingers...

The picture shown at the top of this post is my first bead project. I realized that she was an owl the moment that I finished the face. Her body is a piece of driftwood from the beach that I used to live on. And my forks, of course, for talons! I'm hooked on beading!

Labels: , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At October 19, 2008 at 9:57 PM , Blogger Robin said...

Wow, Camilla! This looks great! I'm excited for you that you have a blog now... lots to learn, but such a fun way to share your art and your process. Thanks for the nod you gave me and the links :>)

Hugs, Robin A.

 
At October 21, 2008 at 11:42 AM , Blogger Megan Noel said...

what a gorgeous owl doll! i love that you used feathers! and the face is wonderful.

 
At October 25, 2008 at 1:43 PM , Blogger Sabine said...

Your dolls are most interesting and beautiful at the same time. Very good that you have a blog to enable us to look at what you made and follow you along the art-doll way.

Sabine

 
At October 27, 2008 at 3:28 PM , Blogger Sabine said...

Dear Camilla,

thank you so much for your comment on my blog. It will be lovely to stay in contact.

See you! (so to speak)
Sabine

 
At November 7, 2008 at 1:33 AM , Blogger Padparadscha said...

I'm really glad I found your blog. I find it very inspiring. Thanks for the link on Michele Cassou, it's just what I needed right now !

 
At March 18, 2009 at 3:06 PM , Blogger Caroline said...

I'm counting on your Jungism meaning you are as interested in I am in synchronicities...

This is an owl (with a fork talon) I made last year:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/caroslines/2486788326/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home