Soul Shamans

Art Dolls & Process Paintings ~ Camilla La Mer

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Few Of My Favorite Dolls

art doll, spirit doll, shaman doll, camilla la mer, jungian art, process art
art doll, spirit doll, shaman doll, camilla la mer, jungian art, process art
Some photos of my process art dolls. I allow each doll to unfold and reveal itself to me. It is fun to share my work with other artists and readers. Process art work is a luxuriously solitary endeavor. I do love to work in solitude but it is also revealing and rewarding to share my work with the outside world.

The first photo is the "Sea Shaman Woman." I made her from shells and sea-glass from the beach I lived on combined with elements from Colorado and an Eclectus parrot feather from a friend's bird.

The second photo is "My Demented Sister" who came from one of my dreams. I love her hair-a combination of horse hair and synthetic fibers.

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At October 21, 2008 at 11:57 PM , Blogger Robin said...

These are two very powerful dolls! Your "Demented Sister" has quite a face!

Congrats on getting another post made and adding pictures! Splendid... you are a quick study!

Cheers, Robin A.

 
At October 22, 2008 at 8:53 PM , Blogger Megan Noel said...

i love your use of the personal elements that you collected yourself, and all your use of wonderful natural materials! i can see some of these same elements coming together into jewelry and accessories too, if you wanted to go that route!

happy creating,
megan noel

 
At October 25, 2008 at 8:30 PM , Blogger Happy Family said...

Beautiful... so glad to be with you here in the blogosphere now! Follow me, too!

love

rane

 
At October 27, 2008 at 6:54 PM , Blogger Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I am absolutely enthralled...amazed..mezmerized! I love your work. I crave this illusive creativity.

 
At October 28, 2008 at 7:28 PM , Blogger Carol- Beads and Birds said...

There is a game going around the blogs called Tagged and I tagged you. Please play. You tell 7 things about you and then pick 7 others to tell about themselves.

I love your dolls and I know my friends will too.

 
At November 7, 2008 at 1:20 AM , Blogger Padparadscha said...

I love the freedom of your creations. I am very moved by both your dolls, especially the "demented sister". Bravo.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home