Soul Shamans

Art Dolls & Process Paintings ~ Camilla La Mer

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My Swimming Self

art dolls, shaman dolls, spirit dolls, camilla la mer, jungian art, swimming
I made this doll during my first year in Colorado. I love to swim. It is one of the avenues that brings me back to myself when life becomes hectic. I particularly found it necessary to swim daily during my first winter away from the sea. I did not understand the freezing weather and snow. It was foreign to me...I remember coming home from the pool and reaching for this soft purple fabric. My Swimming Self poured through in one day. I sewed her form and embroidered her face by hand. I also love her toes. They are made from amazing tiny shells that naturally look like they have painted toenails on them. She makes me smile.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At October 29, 2008 at 11:39 AM , Blogger Robin said...

She makes me smile too... and feel like beating drums, the primal impulses surface. Yet, juxtaposed to that is her peaceful, flowing, sea-like hair. She's a keeper for sure!

 
At October 29, 2008 at 7:49 PM , Blogger Carol- Beads and Birds said...

OMGosh I love your work so much. I dragged my husband over to the computer to look at this neat page I found and he was glued to it too in admiration. Your dolls say so much. I am new to dolls, and creating my first. I hope that I can learn to let my "every bead in place" self go and just lay beads where they want to go.

 
At October 30, 2008 at 6:33 PM , Blogger Megan Noel said...

i love to swim too! and that fabric is wonderful!

 
At November 6, 2008 at 5:40 PM , Blogger Sabine said...

I love your Swimming Beauty. What reminds me most of swimming is her hair, and before I read your text I wondered what the toes could be. I have never seen such shells. Although I cannot swim myself, this doll really appeals to me. It must feel very nice when you hold it.

Sabine

 
At November 7, 2008 at 1:18 AM , Blogger Padparadscha said...

Oh wow, what a smashing spirit doll, and the toes they are great !

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home