Soul Shamans

Art Dolls & Process Paintings ~ Camilla La Mer

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Seven Things People Don't Know About Me

When Carol tagged me last week, I went into a panic. I didn't know what it meant to be tagged. I was certain it must not be good. I have since learned that it is considered a compliment to have someone tag you. Thank you Carol!

Seven Things People Don't Know About Me:
  1. I love to swim laps at the pool on Christmas Eve. I think about all of the frantic preparations that are taking place in people's homes and relish each stroke as I glide through the water in peaceful silence.
  2. I like watching DVD movies with the Director's Commentary activated throughout.
  3. I love my dog, Frenchy. He is a five pound, black Pomeranian who is addicted to mini tennis balls. He even goes wild when he discovers pieces of felt that I use in my Art Dolls. (I finally made the connection that tennis balls smell like felt!)
  4. I love to collect bones on my mountain hikes. My studio is rich with sun-bleached white bones! For me, it is like discovering sea glass and shells on the beach where I used to live. Both activities give me a thrill like I have just discovered hidden treasures. I use these treasures in many of my Art Dolls.
  5. I like to eat chocolate for breakfast on my day off while I write in my dream journal. (This is now a joyful memory...I stopped eating sugar in October to enhance my health-yes, that even includes chocolate!)
  6. Care packages from the sea. Friends send me boxes of driftwood, sea glass, and shells from the beach. I rip them open with abandon when they arrive. Sand and the smells of the sea spill out along with the treasures within.
  7. Placing my Art Dolls that I am working on onto the pillow beside me while I sleep. Sometimes they come through in my dreams...

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At November 1, 2008 at 11:15 AM , Blogger Tracey Leeder said...

Thanks for sharing those facts about you! I can only imagine what it must have been like to live near the beach and now live near the mountains. I live in good old FLAT land Wisconsin! Lots of pretty farmland and wooded areas here though. I looked at your dolls and they are amazing. Such talent, I am in awe! Spirit dolls are on my list of things to do. Gotta finish Mr Buck first though! Then I am going to start on a 8" X 10" all bead embroidery portrait of Maddux. I had thought of doing a spirit doll in his likeness as well...who knows!

 
At November 1, 2008 at 9:16 PM , Blogger Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Thank you for sharing a little about yourself with us. Its interesting to see what people tell about themselves. I wonder if I would know a bone if I saw one while hiking. You have been lucky to live at the beach and in the mountains. When I was younger, I would have picked the beach. But in my older age I would love the wildlife found in the mountains.

I love the dolls you share in your featured photo.

 
At November 2, 2008 at 1:25 AM , Blogger Jacquie said...

Can't wait to see how your little doll finishes up, it looks very whimsical! I just found your blog, and the comment about the bones was interesting to me. What kind of bones do you find? It's also interesting you collect things from the sea..isn't that what your name means? La Mer? Or maybe my language skills are wrong? Really nice posts.

 
At November 3, 2008 at 1:14 PM , Blogger Megan Noel said...

i love to swim, too. i should do it more often. i was going through some things this weekend and found my selkie beaded doll - a homage to swimming.

 
At November 5, 2008 at 10:19 PM , Blogger Robin said...

I adore the ideas of swimming on Christmas Eve, eating chocolate for breakfast and sleeping with an art doll!!! I'm also an avid "special features" watcher! This was a really fun post! Robin A.

 
At November 6, 2008 at 5:28 PM , Blogger Sabine said...

Hello, Camilla,

thank you very much for your comments on my blog and for sharing the seven unknown facts about you.

I found item 7 particularly interesting - having dolls sitting near you while you sleep. When I was a child I often put a book under my pillow to help me remember new English words for example, or to understand complicated maths rules, or to make it easier to learn poems by heart. I sometimes still do the same nowadays, though concerning other subjects, of course. It always works.

You probably work on art projects with MS clients? My daughter has made some nice stuff under the guidance of her ergo-therapist, but her hands have got so bad lately that she even needs assistance with eating. Still, we are not giving up fighting.

Love,
Sabine

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home