Soul Shamans

Art Dolls & Process Paintings ~ Camilla La Mer

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Under The Sea

camilla la mer, art dolls, shaman dolls, spirit dolls, healing dolls, process art, the sea, depth psychology, jungian art, jungian psychology, dream work
Here is one of my early dolls. She lives under the sea. She has the ability to make herself quite small. She can become invisible and blend in with the stalks of seaweed growing up from the ocean floor. She has a mask made of Sculpey. She also has another face below her mask. I think that we all have the ability to wear many masks. Her hair is local Alpaca fur.

5 Comments:

At November 5, 2008 at 10:20 PM , Blogger Robin said...

She is a sweetheart and I love her face! Robin A.

 
At November 6, 2008 at 6:40 AM , Blogger Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Interesting that she is not a "Swimmer" but actually lives under the sea. Quite a bit of reflection in this sea urchin.

 
At November 6, 2008 at 1:25 PM , Blogger dochoamom said...

She is beautiful, I love the colors you have used. Thank you for sharing...

 
At November 8, 2008 at 6:19 AM , Blogger Martha Bright said...

I love your art dolls! And I find it compelling and fun that you put them on the pillow beside you. Do you feel different when you wake up?!

 
At November 8, 2008 at 7:45 PM , Blogger Camilla La Mer-Soul Art Dolls said...

Thank you all for commenting! I would like to respond to Mart's question regarding whether or not I feel different in the morning after sleeping next to my art dolls in process-Yes! I often dream about them while I am making them. Sometimes I gain insights by looking at them when I first wake up in the morning. There are certain dolls, however, that are filled with way too much energy to bring to sleep with me at night...they stay downstairs!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home