Soul Shamans

Art Dolls & Process Paintings ~ Camilla La Mer

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Medicine Man Doll and Thank You!


My daughter, Caroline, and I made this Medicine Man Doll together for her boyfriend in England.It was fun to create together! I am surprised and touched by how similar are creative styles are...


Here I am with Caroline during our post-surgery pedicure celebration! She worked very hard caring for me after surgery. She even loved me when I was crabby! Caroline left for England the day after this photo was taken...

Thank you all so very much for your fortifying insights and support regarding life and rage! You all mean so much to me...You are part of my tribe of wise, fabulous women. I am so lucky and grateful to share my life and my art with you! I have a fantasy that one day we will have a chance to meet...maybe renting a beach house or cabin somewhere with great food, sharing, hikes, and art projects...

My rage has settled for the moment. I have been doing therapy related to it as well as some wonderful acupuncture sessions...and massage. The Chinese herbs kicked in at 4am to help me with the medication related constipation. What an interesting, difficult at times, and revealing journey this is! I am battling some depression at the moment as well...I am hoping that it will lift some when I am able to exercise again. I can't wait to swim again!

I was talking with Susan this morning about dividing up the magnificent crystal curtain from the Academy awards...Anyone interested in sharing it with us???

I am working on a wild looking large, red owlish bird that began emerging yesterday afternoon...I'll give you a peek later this week!

10 Comments:

At February 24, 2009 at 10:41 AM , Blogger Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Your Medicine Man is Fantastic!! I love to look closely at your creations.

Wonderful picture of you and your daughter together. I'm so glad she was here with you.

You know C, you are a very intricate part of our blogger group. We all seem to have a bond to each other in some way, sort of like a chain of friends. We have similar interests, yet different and seem to form a ring. Its wonderful, isn't it?

I was surprised to see that your daughter's name is Caroline. It is also my name, and I was named after my mother so I became Carol, though my husband calls me Caroline.

I am so glad you are feeling better. I have a feeling your next doll will REALLY amazing!

 
At February 24, 2009 at 1:40 PM , Blogger Dot said...

Hi Camilla

Sorry I haven't visited for a while. Have been thinking of you and wondering how you have been going.

I am glad that your feelings of rage have been settling. But pleased that you are expressing your feelings honestly as this is a very important part of yrou recovery.

Your dolls are always magificent and I love the photo of you and yoru daughter Caroline - it is obvious you have a very strong bond.

And your special spirit shines from the photo.

Sending much love and support your way dear one.

Dotxx

rage. And can under

 
At February 24, 2009 at 5:02 PM , Blogger Susan Elliott said...

The two of you are RADIANT! you don't need a crystal curtain, my dear, you are already radiating light from within...and the fact that you and your daughter have the same eyes -- you know those smile-y half-moon eyes that are drawn on a girl's face to make her look happy??--you have those eyes!

Maybe that medicine man is traveling away with the rage and the depression and the sadness and leaving the light to shine. He can drop it off in England somewhere, before he reaches Caroline's boyfriend, of course...maybe you can tell him to sink it in the English Channel or something. Glad to hear from you and I'm working on that crystal curtain...

 
At February 24, 2009 at 7:08 PM , Blogger Megan Noel said...

what a beautiful photo of you and your daughter! i am glad you were not alone!

 
At February 24, 2009 at 8:25 PM , Blogger Leslie said...

Lovely pix of you and your daughter. Great doll, wonderous

 
At February 25, 2009 at 3:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom! I love it! The doll looks really good.I love you and am glad we got to spend the time together! Have a beautiful day!-Carrie: )

 
At March 1, 2009 at 1:05 AM , Blogger Robin said...

Your dolls and your shared process are such gifts to us... I love that you call us your tribe of wise, fabulous women! Caroline and you look beautiful together... no wonder you felt some depressing when she returned to England. You'll have to give us a report on the boyfriend's reaction to his magnificent medicine man doll! Hugs, Robin A.

 
At March 5, 2009 at 3:09 AM , Blogger Jacky said...

Lovely photo of your and your daughter. So nice she was able to come and spend time with you after your surgery.

Havent forgotten your Klimt Doll, will get started on her after my art retreat on the weekend of the 14th. Looking forward to having some time to "play" again.

Take care and thanks for sharing the doll you and your daughter made.

p.s. hows that gorgeous kitty of yours?

 
At March 5, 2009 at 7:17 AM , Blogger Martha Bright said...

I feel so for your struggles--Thanks for your comment on the owls. Your art is so moving. Take care of yourself and know that other women artist-bloggers are rooting for you!

 
At March 18, 2009 at 12:13 PM , Blogger Caroline said...

Having decided today that I need to make some spirit dolls I happened on your blog... like your daughter my name is also Caroline and I too live in England (though I'm born and bred here)... :-)

Oh and right now I'm wearing my art sweatshirt... Its old now but I bought it from Yosemite and it has the embroidered badges on it to remind me of that ;-)

And I love Boulder... if I had to live in the US its one of the places I'd consider (my husband, before we were a couple, spent a year in Fort Collins and climbed a lot in the Rockies... he even got me up one of the flatirons when we went on a trip around his favourite places and stayed in Boulder...)

Oh dear I'm doing a full life story, sorry, I'll get back to reading your blog!

I've had a brief look at your blog so far and am finding it VERY inspiring... just what I was looking for in fact... thank you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home