Soul Shamans

Art Dolls & Process Paintings ~ Camilla La Mer

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Art Doll Quarterly "Mystic Bride" and More!

art dolls, spirit dolls, shaman dolls, camilla la mer, bead embroidery, beading, mermaids, process art, jungian psychology, jungian art
Here is my"Mystic Bride" bead and bone doll published this week in the Spring issue of Art Doll Quarterly! Look for two more in the Summer issue!

art dolls, spirit dolls, shaman dolls, camilla la mer, bead embroidery, beading, mermaids, process art, jungian psychology, jungian art
art dolls, spirit dolls, shaman dolls, camilla la mer, bead embroidery, beading, mermaids, process art, jungian psychology, jungian art
Here is a close-up of her beaded features...I incorporated sea glass and butterflies into the design of her face. She has winsome eyes. She may be longing for a Prince who is more than just a frog...

art dolls, spirit dolls, shaman dolls, camilla la mer, bead embroidery, beading, mermaids, process art, jungian psychology, jungian art
A lovely surprise healing Mermaid from my friend, Ellen! She arrived in a gold tin box with a coveted scrap of gold lame fabric. Delicious! I feel better already! Thank you Ellen!

art dolls, spirit dolls, shaman dolls, camilla la mer, bead embroidery, beading, mermaids, process art, jungian psychology, jungian art
A "Guardian Spirit" for my surgery sent to me by my dear friend Bobbi. I was actually able to bring the spirit doll with me into the operating room!

art dolls, spirit dolls, shaman dolls, camilla la mer, bead embroidery, beading, mermaids, process art, jungian psychology, jungian art
These dolls came through as a set of three sisters just before my surgery. The third sister is Japanese. She has not revealed herself completely yet. This is Elderisa and The Mermaid. The first time that I held Elderisa in my arms, I wept. She reminded me of holding my babies for the first time. She helped me to access the many feelings that I had regarding the loss of my uterus. They both stayed in my bed with me in the hospital!

art dolls, spirit dolls, shaman dolls, camilla la mer, bead embroidery, beading, mermaids, process art, jungian psychology, jungian art
My Kitty and Amelia dolls came from my beautiful and talented friend, Dot in Australia. I ended up receiving an unexpected gift of a real kitten, George, while Dot's creation was winging its way across the seas! The Amelia doll was wearing the same pink bell that George has on his collar when she arrived! George loves her too! These two creations kept me smiling in the hospital...They were a part of the "Art Tour" that gathered more attendance each day in my room!

art dolls, spirit dolls, shaman dolls, camilla la mer, bead embroidery, beading, mermaids, process art, jungian psychology, jungian art
I was so excited to find this nest last night when I walked out to get my mail! It feels so hopeful to me as I continue on my path to recovery...I wonder what eggs will grow inside of my "new nest" as the Springtime unfolds for me...

art dolls, spirit dolls, shaman dolls, camilla la mer, bead embroidery, beading, mermaids, process art, jungian psychology, jungian art
It actually looks like a heart without the bowl...I always thought of my uterus as my second heart...

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At February 10, 2009 at 11:08 AM , Blogger Carol- Beads and Birds said...

You certainly have wonderful friends. I amazing how dolls can evoke feelings from deep inside.

I love your bride, especially her hair. Love that little lobster charm!

I think you must be healing nicely and glad you are posting again.

Love, Carol

 
At February 10, 2009 at 11:10 AM , Blogger Carol- Beads and Birds said...

oo,oo, oo! I forgot. ART DOLL QUARTERLY. YaHoo! I can't find it anywhere near me. I will have to get a subscription.

Congratulations!

 
At February 10, 2009 at 10:22 PM , Blogger Megan Noel said...

your mystic bridge is wonderful! i especially like the face! i hope you are doing well and taking care of yourself!
xo megan

 
At February 11, 2009 at 5:15 AM , Blogger Susan Elliott said...

I have just studied the face of your mystic bridge doll. I love that her forehead is green and I also think it's beautiful the way you've sculpted her features with beads. Oh yeah, and the crystal hair and all the sea references are a fave. I will look for ADQ just so I can see your work there! Congratulations!

Lucky you to be surrounded by so much art, heart and creation...

 
At February 13, 2009 at 12:34 PM , Blogger beadbabe49 said...

I'm so glad to see you're feeling well enough for the occasional posting to this blog! And what a wonderful piece in the current ADQ...I'm going to have to get myself over to the valley and pick up a copy! It is so exciting to see the work of fellow bloggers in national magazines!

 
At February 14, 2009 at 12:48 PM , Blogger Robin said...

Oh Camilla, this is such a heart-filled post for me today (Valentine's day)... full of love and respect, my two favorite rewards in life. Your bone doll is my new favorite of all your work... she has such amazing grace! Will you write (post, comment or email) a little about the bone itself? What type of bone is it and how did you come by it? The giftdolls you received are so lovely. I can well imagine how your room became THE art and soul destination for many during your hospital stay. Hugs and love, Robin A.

 
At December 5, 2011 at 12:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your art, i am a real soul shaman, death keeper, wind whisperer and exorcist (a real baba yaga) so i call myself a soul shaman because i deal with my apprentice clients and collective soul karma, so its nice to run across such light and happy soul artwork in my reality : ) blessings www dot youtube dot com / deathshamans

 
At December 22, 2011 at 12:43 AM , Blogger Dance Costume said...

You can rest assured that whatever does wash through will easily be carried down through your downspouts and has little or no chance of causing a blockage in your rain gutter system roofs fort worth, tx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home