Soul Shamans

Art Dolls & Process Paintings ~ Camilla La Mer

Sunday, December 14, 2008

"The Guardian"

camilla la mer, art dols, spirit dolls, shaman dolls, healing dolls, jungian psychology, depth psychology, dream work, personal
camilla la mer, art dols, spirit dolls, shaman dolls, healing dolls, jungian psychology, depth psychology, dream work, personal
He and Frenchy, on his right, are mirroring each other...

camilla la mer, art dols, spirit dolls, shaman dolls, healing dolls, jungian psychology, depth psychology, dream work, personal
Here is an amazing being who came through a few months ago. I call him "The Guardian" because his presence is so powerful. I came across a piece of an old fur coat that I had discovered in the garage of an old house. The moment my fingers touched the thick, soft fur, I felt this doll beginning to emerge. I worked straight through as he poured through my fingers. This was the first time that I started using my kitchen forks for claws...I finally had to buy a new set of cutlery!

I love his expressive face and lanky, long, legs accented by the forks. He has a wonderful long, feathery tail that gives him a bird-like quality. He is kind of a combination human, cheetah, and bird...Magical and mysterious! I am featuring him today because I have been spending some extra time with him. I will be selling him to help pay for my upcoming surgery...In fact, I believe that he is already sold...to a very good home!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At December 15, 2008 at 6:36 AM , Blogger Carol- Beads and Birds said...

AMAZING! I love to look at your work. I just go back again and again to look closer, peering into the picture to see every detail of your creations. Your creations come from your soul. They make me want to sit with you in a quiet place and listen to what you have to tell.

Happy Holidays. I wish for you a peaceful calm day.

 
At December 15, 2008 at 6:38 AM , Blogger Carol- Beads and Birds said...

His eyes look so human. How did you accomplish that effect?

 
At December 15, 2008 at 1:37 PM , Blogger Camilla La Mer-Soul Art Dolls said...

Thanks Carol! His eyes do look very human...I have no idea why or how... I just like them too! I hope your day is less eventful than yesterday...Camilla

 
At December 16, 2008 at 2:58 PM , Blogger Robin said...

His face (tongue sticking out and tears) is fascinating, almost frightening... yet with bells on around his neck and legs and on his head, I also see a bit of the court jester in him... a magical being! Thanks for sharing him!!!

Hugs, Robin

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home