Soul Shamans

Art Dolls & Process Paintings ~ Camilla La Mer

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Glorious Tribute to My Uterus!

art dolls, spirit dolls, shaman dolls, camilla la mer, hysterectomy, the sea, angels, bead embroidery, beading, jungian psychology, jungian art
My embellished uterus is 14 inches wide by 12 inches high...

art dolls, spirit dolls, shaman dolls, camilla la mer, hysterectomy, the sea, angels, bead embroidery, beading, jungian psychology, jungian art
The golden angel has one hand on my seashell ovary and another on my elaborate cervix!

art dolls, spirit dolls, shaman dolls, camilla la mer, hysterectomy, the sea, angels, bead embroidery, beading, jungian psychology, jungian art
Photos related to the surgery...Healthy me with kitty, George. Surgery doll. Me with my surgeon. My children when they were young.

art dolls, spirit dolls, shaman dolls, camilla la mer, hysterectomy, the sea, angels, bead embroidery, beading, jungian psychology, jungian art
art dolls, spirit dolls, shaman dolls, camilla la mer, hysterectomy, the sea, angels, bead embroidery, beading, jungian psychology, jungian art
Thank you all for the tremendous support during the process of my surgery! I was so happy to experience the healing process of creating and decorating my own version of the transformation and honoring of my uterus during my first weekend home from the hospital...complete with lovely angels, charms, shells, and sea glass. It kind of looks like an elaborate Valentine's heart!

I am doing quite well. The experience was blessed and I was so magnificently supported and cared for. I am very grateful. The Blanket of Love experience just before my surgery began was amazing. I have never experienced anything quite so blissful! Fifty friends and family members participated! I kept telling the anesthesiologist that I would not need any drugs prior to surgery. I was so relaxed and filled with love. My surgeon is skilled and wonderful. I had a beautiful healing room with a view of the Flatiron mountains and room service meals whenever I desired them. I am experiencing a small setback today following many days of feeling so wonderful. I think that I overdid a bit yesterday...Another lesson in patience and slowing down...Alas.

I am missing my daily interactions with all of my wonderful, creative blog family. My energy is still a little slow. I will regain my momentum soon I am sure.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

12 Comments:

At February 4, 2009 at 3:02 PM , Blogger dochoamom said...

Camilla, I am so very happy to be seeing this post.. I was just asking Carol if she had heard from you... Keep healing and basking in our love... We will be here waiting for you...

Much Love, Deb

 
At February 4, 2009 at 4:07 PM , Blogger Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Hi C!
Glad you are feeling up to posting. Hear my sing-songy voice saying "I told you not to do too much too soon"

I'm glad it all went well. You certainly know you are loved.

 
At February 4, 2009 at 8:07 PM , Blogger Megan Noel said...

i am glad to hear the good news! you have been in my thoughts :) thank you for the gnomes! i <3 them! xo megan

 
At February 5, 2009 at 5:39 AM , Blogger Jacky said...

What a wonderful post...so lovely to see your tribute piece and to hear that you are feeling up to posting and getting back on track.

Take care and will pop back again soon.

Jacky xox

 
At February 5, 2009 at 8:10 AM , Blogger Padparadscha said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are Ok and everything went fine !

It is very moving to see your glorious tribute to your uterus.

Take care.

 
At February 5, 2009 at 9:47 PM , Blogger Ellen said...

Good to see you back on your blog Camilla - I think your piece is very powerful & full of energy..

Hugs Ellen

 
At February 6, 2009 at 10:59 PM , Blogger Robin said...

Yes, you will certainly regain your momentum and then some... and soon! I love your uterus tribute! Will you have a chance to show it to your surgeon? Are you back on your own now... daughter gone?

Gentle hugs, Robin A.

 
At February 7, 2009 at 5:19 PM , Blogger Sound of Woman said...

I love your blog, I can across it accidently and have now added it to my favourites. I also made an art doll as a farewell to my uterus.
Cheers
Jude

 
At February 9, 2009 at 9:19 PM , Blogger Dot said...

Hello lovely Camilla

Apologies for not visiting sooner. I am so pleased you are healing after your surgery (and have such a positive attitude).

Your tribute to your Uterus is incredible and very powerful

Sending much love to you.

Dot xx

 
At February 9, 2009 at 10:22 PM , Blogger Camilla La Mer-Soul Art Dolls said...

Thank You!!! It is so great to be back with all of you once again! I appreciate your kind words and thoughts regarding my uterus tribute as well...I am filled with joy and gratitude for all of you!
Much Love, Camilla

 
At February 16, 2009 at 12:08 PM , Blogger Lutrah's Ocean Alter said...

Camilla,
I saw your post on Leslie's blog and had to come and visit yours...
I love your dolls, and your alter, and the picture of your lovely kitty in the boat sleeping and playing in the spirit house just blew me away! We have lots in common!
I make dolls, grew up playing in the ocean ( a bit further North) and I had my lovely uterus removed not that long ago...
Oh, and I love kitty's!
I have to post a few pictures of my best furry friend in the world...
Where would we be with out the love and companionship of our beloved animal friends?
I love your blog and hope to visit it often and see how well you are recovering!

 
At November 14, 2009 at 4:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home