Soul Shamans

Art Dolls & Process Paintings ~ Camilla La Mer

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Art Doll Soup

Camilla La Mer, Art Dolls, Shaman Dolls, Spirit Dolls, Bead Embroidery, Beading, Healing Dolls, Process Art, The Sea, Mermaids, Jungian Psychology
Here is a photo of an emerging doll. The birth process has been complicated. She keeps speaking to me and telling me different things. Yesterday afternoon I finally had to go for a drive-for four hours!-because I couldn't tell what she was asking for. I beaded her face a few weeks ago. Her hair came through late last night after my "fresh air" drive. It was so much fun to make! I stayed up way too late...

She keeps telling me that she is a mermaid from the sea. Then she begs to wear a cape of glittery, jewel-toned, flowing, synthetic fabric...I am torn between getting my hands deep into the gifts from the sea and following her to a disco party! For a while she was "The Handless Maiden." Now she is the armless, headless...making up her mind maiden...I will be patient. Wait and listen. Art cannot be forced...She is already quite fabulous and so beautiful...She actually looks in the photo like she just washed up on a sandy shore...I feel that way quite often myself...Actually, this is exactly how I am feeling today!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At November 30, 2008 at 7:47 PM , Blogger Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I love her face. Can't wait until she tells you what the rest of her looks like.

 
At November 30, 2008 at 8:08 PM , Blogger Megan Noel said...

she is beautiful! and what are the two of you doing in a land-locked state? but then, i love the desert and i am far away from it - of course i love the northwest too!

 
At November 30, 2008 at 8:34 PM , Blogger Camilla La Mer-Soul Art Dolls said...

I'll let you know when the rest of her is revealed, Carol!

Thanks Megan!
She may be a Mountain Mermaid...

 
At December 1, 2008 at 12:31 PM , Blogger dochoamom said...

She is beautiful ! cant wait to see how she designs herself...


Deb

 
At December 2, 2008 at 6:11 PM , Blogger Ellen said...

Your doll is so espressive Camilla, I like the Mermaid idea but then I am most definitely inspired by the Oceans.. Speaking of washed up on a sandy shore, my Tide Pool (the header on my blog) began when I found it on the sandy shore near where we live..

 
At December 3, 2008 at 8:55 PM , Blogger Robin said...

Your stream of conscious doll making process and self-talk blogging are precious... Thank you!
Hugs, Robin A.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home