Soul Shamans

Art Dolls & Process Paintings ~ Camilla La Mer

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Magic Bed




I like to design Magic Beds. Here is the bed that I designed last year...I layered many curtains that I had and then added long pieces of creme colored tulle to create a magical world. I made a hoop for the canopy out of old world roses and floral wire beaded with lavender and green leaves and branches. I found some fabulous strings of lotus shaped red and copper colored tin patio lights lined with golden tulle at Target. I also added sets of delicate Japanese flute wind chimes and some small strands of Tibetan bells to complete the effect...Voila!

Speaking of nests-I played a game called "Would You Rather..." with some clients at work on Friday. The first question was "Would you rather sleep in a human-sized nest in a tree or in a burrow on the ground?" I chose the nest because I am partial to them but I wanted it on the ground. Hence, the photos above of my nest! The second question was "Would you rather have a full set of removable dentures or a complete set of permanent fangs?" Hands down, we all chose the fangs so that we could eat steak! What would you choose???

4 Comments:

At November 23, 2008 at 7:10 PM , Blogger beadbabe49 said...

I love the light and colors and bells and lace...all together it creates a nest I would love to snuggle into!

 
At November 23, 2008 at 7:46 PM , Blogger Carol- Beads and Birds said...

That is one heck of a bed. Can't imagine sleeping in it, its so beautiful.

I'd go for the nest as long as I didn't have to eat birdseed. Of course I would choose fangs and I'd show them off too!

 
At November 26, 2008 at 7:36 PM , Blogger Megan Noel said...

i love your nest! i want one :) i would rather have a nest on the ground too.. like a little mouse or quail. and i would rather have fangs i guess, just because i can't stand having fake things in my mouth!

i am in my nest right now, but i need to migrate to the couch! under a pile of blankets and quilts, in a 1920s antique bed. there is a pendleton blanket hanging on the wall behind the bed. hm, maybe i should blog it too.

 
At November 27, 2008 at 7:42 AM , Blogger Padparadscha said...

What a beautiful bed !

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home