Soul Shamans

Art Dolls & Process Paintings ~ Camilla La Mer

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Keeper Of The Keys Details

camilla la mer, art dolls, shaman dolls, spirit dolls, healing dolls, owls, process art, the sea, depth psychology, jungian art, jungian psychology, dream work
camilla la mer, art dolls, shaman dolls, spirit dolls, healing dolls, owls, process art, the sea, depth psychology, jungian art, jungian psychology, dream work
camilla la mer, art dolls, shaman dolls, spirit dolls, healing dolls, owls, process art, the sea, depth psychology, jungian psychology, dream work
Here is a close up view of "Keeper Of The Keys." His beaded face was the first part to emerge. It came through in such an intuitive way. I added a "stacking" technique that I learned from Robin Atkins' new book "Heart To Hands Bead Embroidery." The stacks give his face a wonderful three dimensional furry quality. The left arm/wing called for many charms from the sea, air, and, of course, keys...The right arm/wing holds a magical glass bottle that I filled with iridescent glitter flakes. I attached a frog for transformation to the outside of the bottle. My final addition was a Moonstone bead that I placed at the center of the heart charm on his chest. I used to collect Moonstones on the beach where I grew up.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At November 10, 2008 at 12:59 AM , Blogger Robin said...

Surely a face to love? Why, yes, I do love his face and every single other thing about him!

Robin a.

 
At March 18, 2009 at 12:32 PM , Blogger Caroline said...

Wow... last night one of my guides, called Shaman Ka-Ro-Li, gave me the key and the door...

I think I'll get that book...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home