Soul Shamans

Art Dolls & Process Paintings ~ Camilla La Mer

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Frenchy

camilla la mer, art dolls, spirit dolls, shaman dolls, healing dolls, jungian psychology, jungian art, process art, dream work, bead embroidery
Here is a photo of my dog, Frenchy. He is so much more than a dog. I call him my "familiar." I think that he calls me Girlie. He is addicted to miniature tennis balls. He has an inner Labrador Retriever. I can hear him prodding me: "Just throw the ball, Girlie. Throw the ball." He also likes sea shells since he was raised on the beach. He carries them around the house when he discovers them in my doll-making supplies. He is quite small. Five pounds. He tolerates being "cuddled" in very brief increments. Then he growls to tell me it is time to throw the ball again. I realized that I may have a low tolerance for too much cuddling as well...I'm working on it...I miss him when I am at work...We are pretty much inseparable. He is a wise soul. I am very grateful to have him in my life.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At November 17, 2008 at 6:59 AM , Blogger Carol- Beads and Birds said...

What a cute little dust mop!!! My german shepherd loves to chase a laser light. Its amazing how much joy we get from our animals. I just knew you were an animal lover.

 
At November 17, 2008 at 8:18 PM , Blogger Megan Noel said...

he's so handsome! i am glad you have a good companion. i love animals but i don't live with any. though i have recently decided to own an imaginary cat named George Gordon Lord Byron. he likes to be called by his full name - no nicknames.

i sent you a box today!
M.

 
At November 17, 2008 at 8:29 PM , Blogger Camilla La Mer-Soul Art Dolls said...

Carol-We have not even begun to explore animals! I used to work at a bird farm where I raised parrots from eggs...Megan-I can't wait to meet "No Nicknames George Gordon Lord Byron." I forgot to mention that cats love to chase Frenchy. He likes it. A box today...Surprises are so nice! Thank you.

 
At November 19, 2008 at 8:32 PM , Blogger Robin said...

You are a wise soul too, especially to see the lesson about cuddling that Frenchy is giving you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home