Soul Shamans

Art Dolls & Process Paintings ~ Camilla La Mer

Friday, November 21, 2008

My Plastic Self

camilla la mer, art dolls, shaman dolls, spirit dolls, healing dolls, owls, process art, the sea, depth psychology, jungian art, jungian psychology, dream work
camilla la mer, art dolls, shaman dolls, spirit dolls, healing dolls, owls, process art, the sea, depth psychology, jungian art, jungian psychology, dream work
camilla la mer, art dolls, shaman dolls, spirit dolls, healing dolls, owls, process art, the sea, depth psychology, jungian art, jungian psychology, dream work
camilla la mer, art dolls, shaman dolls, spirit dolls, healing dolls, owls, process art, the sea, depth psychology, jungian art, jungian psychology, dream work
I made this doll from a dream. She is "My Plastic Self." Making her was a powerful and transformative process. I used the sketch that I made following the dream. She is made of clear plastic. It was a fun experiment to hand embroider the stitches that define her through the plastic. I was wonderfully surprised when a clear pocket in her chest began to fill with jewels from the sea and sky, hearts, and a glow-in-the-dark fairy to watch over it all. Her hair is from a horse's tail and mane. She is so simple and so very complex all at once. Just like me...

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At November 21, 2008 at 8:45 AM , Blogger Carol- Beads and Birds said...

What a creative concept. You are right, it is complex, as you surely are. I always love to see your work. I find it very thought-provoking.

 
At November 22, 2008 at 7:38 AM , Blogger Martha Bright said...

I have worked from dreams a lot. it's how I got started doing art, more than 20 years ago. It's wonderful if you can capture the dream and recall it.

 
At November 22, 2008 at 1:47 PM , Blogger Megan Noel said...

very powerful doll! i hope your deciding to blog it has been a rewarding experience!

happy beading!
megan

 
At November 23, 2008 at 8:03 AM , Blogger Camilla La Mer-Soul Art Dolls said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At November 23, 2008 at 8:13 AM , Blogger Camilla La Mer-Soul Art Dolls said...

Thank you Carol, once again, for your enthusiastic support and curiosity!

Mart. I am so glad that you shared about your dream beginnings in art. What an amazing and revealing world this combination can lead us into...

Megan. Yes, this blogging of sometimes sensitive items is proving to be a rewarding journey. It gives me perspective on myself as well...Thanks for the magic box!

 
At December 3, 2008 at 8:42 PM , Blogger Robin said...

I think this is my favorite of all your dolls so far... so simple and so complex all at once... just like you! Fabulous!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home