Soul Shamans

Art Dolls & Process Paintings ~ Camilla La Mer

Friday, July 10, 2009

Magical Swan Fairy Garden


A more formal Fairy Garden with swans swimming in the antique "pond."If you look closely at the photo below, you can see that there are swans swimming in the vintage, mounted postcard as well!


A large box of these beautiful shells arrived on my doorstep a few weeks ago. My dear friend from Santa Barbara, Theresa, collected them in the Yucatan in 1978 and decided that I would certainly make good use of them now...an accurate assumption!


A large Guardian Angel watches over the garden on the right hand side of the photo...a bit like my special angel, Grace.You can see a smaller Guardian Angel inside the garden in the photo below.


A full view of the miniature garden world. I got the blue cradle at my favorite thrift store for $3.00! I also used pieces of driftwood from the beach in Santa Barbara around the edges...more gifts from my lovely care packages from friends and family!

I love making these magical gardens! In my final class for the summer in my Counseling Psychology program today we made Jungian sand trays both as a group and individually. The timing was so appropriate in light of my recent gardening adventures!

I had a dream the night that I created this Fairy Garden that I had a new tiny uterus that was growing in an antique dish in this garden. It was wrapped in a pod of ancient leaves. I woke up with a wonderful sense of new growth and possibility.

5 Comments:

At July 11, 2009 at 11:00 PM , Blogger Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Thank you for the full view picture. This little garden is a wonderful place to sit by and meditate and fantisize and dream. I would love to see the ones your students made.

 
At July 12, 2009 at 6:31 PM , Blogger Leslie said...

I love it, swans are so interesting to me. Thanks for sharing..

 
At July 15, 2009 at 12:01 AM , Blogger Dot said...

Your dream sounds very positive and affirming. Glad you felt so positive afterwards too.
Blessings
Dot xx

 
At August 26, 2009 at 5:48 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love it, swans are so interesting to me. This little garden is a wonderful place to sit by and meditate and fantisize and dream.
--
Venus
Professional Monitering

security systems for Homes, Offices & Appartments

 
At March 27, 2012 at 8:25 AM , Anonymous A said...

Ur blog is really nice and interesting,You have maintain it so beautifully that I truly like

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home