Soul Shamans

Art Dolls & Process Paintings ~ Camilla La Mer

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

"Resurgence"

"Resurgence" in Process

Here is my first painting in so very long...in process. I realized today that I have been having such a lovely time pouring over the images in everyone elses blogsites...It is time for me to return to myself. Find my artistic voice once again...always in a new way. Following so much turmoil and trauma after my year of many moves and so much loss. New beginnings are emerging. Like the brightest green sprouts of new grass...bursting through the now melting ice.

I allowed myself today to simply get my brush moving...both rapidly and slowly. I had to remind myself of the words that I use with my students when helping them to move through blocks and judgments and fears and frozen feelings. The flow is returning. Slowly. In its own time. In its own way. Patience. Presence. Breath. Trust. Trust in the process. All I have to do is show up. And...get out of my own way. Isn't this the key to life? It is to mine anyway...

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

At February 9, 2011 at 7:19 PM , Blogger Carol- Beads and Birds said...

It feels like REBIRTH. There's a lot too see in it...I see you and life flowing forth.

So glad you are sharing your work with us again.
xx, Carol

 
At February 10, 2011 at 6:37 AM , Blogger Dawn in the Forest said...

What a beautiful painting:)t

 
At February 10, 2011 at 7:35 AM , Blogger Camilla La Mer-Soul Art Dolls said...

I am enjoying discovering your site! Thanks for the comment of my painting...

Camilla La Mer

 
At February 14, 2011 at 5:16 PM , Blogger Susan Elliott said...

I agree with Carol....looks like re BIRTH...I too am glad your back. Happy Valentine's day...

 
At February 15, 2011 at 8:04 AM , Blogger KJ said...

I find your blog random, and I find your latest painting is amazing! And random question, have you tried painting with software? :)

Please visit my blog too! I also love drawing maybe we can have a little chat ;)

 
At February 17, 2011 at 11:15 PM , Blogger Megan Noel said...

very powerful painting! welcome back!

 
At February 21, 2011 at 8:10 PM , Blogger Maureen O. Ryan said...

Thank you for inspiring me! I have be floundering, not making art for so long that I'm intimidated by my paints. Clay has never been a problem, but I need to paint, too. Thanks again for saying that things will come in their own time. I'm glad I found your blog!

 
At March 8, 2011 at 6:37 PM , Blogger Of One Heart said...

Whoa! This is beautiful. I love the radiating wavy lines. :) Brilliant colors, too!

 
At March 11, 2011 at 7:23 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Beautiful. Very happy for you and inspired.

 
At March 27, 2011 at 10:44 AM , Blogger Mónica Velasquéz said...

Gorgeous :)

 
At July 16, 2012 at 10:04 AM , Blogger NTRSZ said...

:) such a nice

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home