Soul Shamans

Art Dolls & Process Paintings ~ Camilla La Mer

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

New Dolls and Soul Doll Workshop


The Scarab Ox Woman came from a combination of two dreams. One dream was about being rescued and supported in a victorious way from an abusive situation. There was a giant, powerful Ox standing in the doorway to support me unequivocally. I have also been having dreams about ancient giant beetles. I was immediately mesmerized by an assortment of vintage Egyptian scarab beads that one of the participants in my Soul Doll workshop brought to sell.


My Homeless Self came through in a powerful way after watching the movie "The Soloist." I think that we all have some form of her deep inside of us. A longing for "home." It may be a part of the nature of being human and experiencing a separation from the Divine. I love the shopping cart! It turns on a dime. I also used photographs of me when I was a child. I am sitting in the mini-cart being held by the larger self doll.


A photo "tree" attached to the shopping cart with pictures of me with my father.


Close up of my two selves safely contained in their shopping carts. The cart is adorned with strings of tiny brass Indian bells and miniature wind chimes! There is also a Native American dream catcher on the bow of the cart.


Participants in my "Soul Doll" workshop at Tactile Arts Center in Denver!

Hello everyone! Apparently, I have taken a summer break from blogging...I am starting to, finally, feel like myself again following my surgery. Even better than before! I am now teaching my "Soul Doll" workshops which is a dream come true for me. I will post my Spring schedule soon. Thanks for your support on my journey back!

Labels: , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At October 28, 2009 at 5:19 PM , Blogger dochoamom said...

Camilla, Welcome back... the dolls are great... Was wondering what you had been up to...

Love, Deb

 
At October 28, 2009 at 7:28 PM , Blogger Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Its so funny that you posted today. I have been thinking of you so much. At the oddest time a thought of you pops in my mind. I knew that I would be hearing from you!

Your Ox/Scarab doll certain represents the dream. Where did you find that mask! So cool.

I have never seen the soloist. I'll have to look for it. Looking for home..what does that mean to me...I'll have to think about that.

Glad you are posting again. I have really missed you.

xx, Carol

 
At October 29, 2009 at 12:49 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

So glad you are posting again! Love the Ox/Scarab woman doll.

 
At October 29, 2009 at 6:53 AM , Blogger Susan Elliott said...

It's so very good to hear from you Camilla And I'm very glad all is well and you're blooming. You're work is magnificent and very personal, which I love.

Glad you're teaching and enjoying it. I haven't seen the soloist either so I'm off on the hunt!

Be well. Susan

 
At October 29, 2009 at 11:52 AM , Blogger Leslie said...

Camilla, they are awesome. Glad to see you post. You should blog link on Facebook, get more traffic. Your dolls are so worth taking a look at, IMO.

 
At October 31, 2009 at 9:35 AM , Anonymous jude said...

Fantastic to come across such a wonderfully inspiring blog!
Have made a little feature of your blog on my page (under inspirations).

be well.
Jude
http://ilikelichen.wordpress.com/

 
At March 16, 2010 at 3:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey..

just to let you know I have given you an award. If you check in to 'Songs from the Wood', all will be explained.

Blessings
Si

 
At August 12, 2010 at 4:18 AM , Blogger Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Almost a year since you posted. I miss your art and our email exchange.

Hope you are well.
xx, Carol

 
At December 8, 2010 at 6:47 AM , Anonymous slave2anubis said...

nici one!

 
At January 12, 2011 at 11:00 AM , Blogger Griselda said...

Hello beautiful Camilla, Your work is amazing!!

I keep on thinking about teaching and I just don't have the time...or make the time, but I enjoy sharing with other art doll makers. This year I promise myself to contact 5 people to exchange energy and small items for our dolls, let me know if you are interested, I have a stash of goodies that your dolls might like to have. All my best to you for 2011 (I am always on the look for metallic findings in the shape of hearts or old keys, fibers, and unusual yarn)
Hugs my friend. Gris

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home