Soul Shamans

Art Dolls & Process Paintings ~ Camilla La Mer

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sand Tray Extravaganza


I took this photo the night that I completed this Sand Tray. Buddha is watching from above and Hanuman sits on the altar table below...He reminds us that we are spiritual beings...

A full daytime view of the gathering...


Here is one of my "Alchemical Warriors." She is being held in the arms of the Great Mother. I feel a sense of peace when I look at her.


This photo shows a statue of Gaia sitting below Quan Yin. You can also see a wonderful wooden horse puppet who lost his strings. Another "Warrior" is leaning against the horse. She has a large green crystal heart on her body.


Another "Alchemical Warrior" with an African porcupine quill for a sword. He's riding in BaBa Yaga's pestle!

I like this mysterious night view of two folk art dolls with the wooden horse. They are standing in front of a mounted Nature Mandala.


Here is the "Pink Goddess Alchemical Warrior." She has an owl and a carved, wooden Japanese Netsuke that is a snake. I painted a design on this feather..


You can see part of another "Alchemical Warrior" on the left. She has a large blue muscle shell on the front of her body. I love how Mary watches over all of the activity...

In my graduate program in Counseling Psychology, we spent the entire day Friday exploring sand trays. The moment that I arrived home, I realized that the carved antique boat given to me by a friend was about to be transformed into a giant sand tray. The next day, I brought 300 pounds of sand into the middle of my living room and set to work. The transformation that took place both physically and spiritually was profound. It turned into a giant healing altar that is giving me great comfort and delight!

A few weeks ago I had six dolls pour through my fingers at once. I call them my "Alchemical Warriors." They represent important parts of myself. They are all participating in this tray. I have included pictures of three of them from close angles.

This week, I have been building a new set of shelves next to the sand tray so that my collection of objects for the tray can be readily visible for the creation of many more trays. I have asked friends to participate if they would like to contribute any found objects to this evolving project. I use everything that feels appropriate...angels, driftwood, bones, shells, toy figures, dolls, statues...The possibilities are limitless. I can feel my soul soaring just thinking about it!

Labels: , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At July 14, 2009 at 2:10 PM , Blogger Carol- Beads and Birds said...

See, you are back to yourself AND you have found a way for friends to participate in your healing. Send me your address. I have something for you.

I love your sand tray altar. The canles, of course, set the perfect ambiance. You home must be a very spiritual and calming place to be.

Love and admiration,
Carol

 
At July 14, 2009 at 8:03 PM , Blogger Leslie said...

Everything is wonderful, such lovelys to look at.

 
At July 15, 2009 at 12:03 AM , Blogger Dot said...

Oh Camilla - your art is stunning. And you have created such a magical world inside your home.
Dot xx

 
At July 18, 2009 at 1:22 PM , Blogger Robin said...

I also have something for you... don't recall that I have your address, so please email it to me.

In May you seemed to be struggling a bit. In June we didn't hear from you at all (worrisome). Now, in July, we find you with a lovely fairy garden and a sand tray full of powerful reminders that spiritual forces and guardian beings have power to heal. I sense that you are surrendering to this goodness. Hooray, Camilla!

I LOVE the way you painted the feather for pink goddess!

You must be such a beautiful star and positive influence in your graduate class. We never had anybody like you in my counseling psychology classes....

Blessings, R

 
At August 26, 2009 at 5:47 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

The canles, of course, set the perfect ambiance. I love your sand tray altar. You home must be a very spiritual and calming place to be.

--
Venus
Professional Monitering

security systems for Homes, Offices & Appartments

 
At September 25, 2009 at 12:36 PM , Blogger julie said...

What a fabulous altar...I can feel the energy from here!!
I'll be back when I have more time...great figures!

 
At February 7, 2010 at 9:55 AM , Blogger The Crafty Castle said...

I love you dolls/creations! You are very talented!! Looking forward to see you more of your work and updates on your blogs :-) Peace, love, and light xoox Gypsie

 
At July 22, 2010 at 5:12 PM , Blogger chris ng said...

Hi, I am amazed by the stunning images of your photos. thank you.

 
At December 26, 2010 at 6:34 PM , Anonymous gucci handbags said...

I promise a desire to hope that the friends of mine are happy have not put like oneself happiness with coming the warm Christmas to like in every year's this time sending to my blessing Merry Christmas

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home